Anna Head Building E/F

UC Berkeley engaged ARG to provide architectural and conservation services to the renovation of one of the Anna Head historic buildings, part of a six-building complex built between 1892 and 1927. The former Anna Head School for Girls was acquired by UC Berkeley in 1963 is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is a City of Berkeley landmark.

ARG provided architectural and conservation services as a part of the Building E/F rehabilitation to provide space for student counseling and wellness programs. In addition to program upgrades, the project included a seismic upgrade, deferred maintenance repairs, code & life safety, and accessibility modifications.

Photography by  Stephen Schafer