Senior Architect/Studio Director – Los Angeles
Architectural Resources Group (ARG) is an award winning, nationally recognized architectural firm specializing in work on existing and historically significant buildings and places. Our projects include adaptive reuse, rehabilitation, new construction in historic settings, historic resource management, planning, and materials conservation. ARG’s projects span nearly all sectors, with award-winning work in hospitality, housing, parks, cultural institutions (museums, performing arts centers, and theaters), higher education, and civic institutions and entities.
ARG is seeking a talented, collaborative, and well-rounded Senior Architect/Studio Director for a position of leadership in our Downtown Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate is a Licensed Architect who meets the following criteria:
- Possesses a minimum of 20 – 25 years of experience in architectural practice, including ten + years in a leadership role;
- Proven track record of successfully producing projects of all sizes through all phases of design through construction administration;
- Detail oriented with strong design and technical skills, especially pertaining to Construction Documents;
- Self-motivated and able to foster a positive and collaborative team environment;
- Deeply rooted in the architecture community of Los Angeles, with interest in the historic built environment;
- Possesses excellent communication and presentation skills, including graphic, oral and written communications;
- Has a proven track record with business development, including relationship building, tracking, and winning work;
- Able to control project scope, schedule and budget;
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project);
- Has a demonstrated interest in sustainable design; and
- Is a creative problem solver who enjoys working on a diverse range of exciting projects.
ARG’s Los Angeles office of 17 is a collaborative, dynamic group that supports and encourages staff development and values the individual contributions of each employee.
Candidates must be a US citizen or hold a US work visa. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter (including salary requirements and availability), detailed resume, three professional references, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org (Include “ARG Los Angeles Employment” in the email subject line).
ARG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.