Junior Designer – Los Angeles
Architectural Resources Group (ARG) is an award winning, nationally recognized architectural firm specializing in the adaptive reuse, new construction in sensitive settings, preservation, planning, and conservation of culturally and historically significant buildings and sites. ARG works on a wide range of projects including hospitality, park, cultural, educational and civic design. ARG is based on the San Francisco waterfront with branch offices in downtown Los Angeles, California and Portland, Oregon.
ARG is seeking a talented, well-rounded Junior Designer to contribute to our collaborative studio in our downtown Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate has a commitment to design excellence and an interest in working on all phases of architectural projects.
The ideal candidate meets the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited school of Architecture;
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience in an architectural firm;
- Demonstrated interest in historic preservation and adaptive reuse;
- Strong design skills and able to implement design concepts, organize presentations, and prepare construction documents;
- Able to assume primary responsibility for small projects with senior supervision;
- Ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently, while maintaining quality of work;
- Excels at communication with clients and colleagues and is excited to work in a collaborative environment;
- Demonstrated interest in Sustainable Design;
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, SketchUp and MS Office (Project, Word & Excel);
- Experience and/or interest in working on Multi-Family Residential projects is a plus;
- Is a team player and contributes to a positive and effective work environment; and
- Is a creative problem solver who enjoys working on a diverse range of exciting projects!
ARG’s practice is centered on the belief that the reuse of existing buildings plays a key role in creating dynamic, vibrant, sustainable and contemporary places. With the office’s recent relocation to Little Tokyo in downtown Los Angeles, adjacent to the Arts District, ARG is excited to be working in the downtown creative environment and near many of our projects and collaborators. Our new Los Angeles office space supports creative thinking and collaborative design on a day-to-day basis. ARG supports and encourages staff development, including licensure pursuits, and values the individual contributions of each employee.
Candidates must be a US citizen or hold a US work visa, and must be able to start work immediately. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, detailed resume, references, and work samples to [email protected] (Include “ARG Los Angeles Employment” in the email subject line). Please include salary requirements and availability.
ARG is a Women-Owned Business and an Equal Opportunity Employer.