Intermediate Architect – San Francisco
Architectural Resources Group (ARG) is an award winning, nationally recognized architectural firm specializing in the adaptive reuse, new construction in sensitive settings, preservation, planning, and conservation of culturally and historically significant buildings and sites. ARG works on a wide range of projects including hospitality, park, cultural, educational and civic design. ARG is based on the San Francisco waterfront with branch offices in Los Angeles, California and Portland, Oregon.
ARG is seeking a talented, well-rounded Intermediate Architect for a key position in our San Francisco office. The ideal candidate has a commitment to design excellence and an interest in working on all phases of architectural projects.
The ideal candidate is a Licensed Architect who meets the following criteria:
- Possesses 5-10 years of experience in architectural practice;
- Has experience producing documents for all phases of design and in construction administration;
- Detail oriented with strong design and technical skills;
- Self-motivated and able to foster a positive and effective team environment;
- Has excellent communication skills;
- Has a working knowledge of building codes;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, SketchUp and MS Office (Word, Excel, Project); Proficiency in Revit is a plus;
- Has a demonstrated interest in Sustainable Design, and
- Is a creative problem solver who enjoys working on a diverse range of exciting projects!
We believe that the reuse of historic buildings plays a key role in creating vibrant, sustainable and contemporary places and that retaining historic buildings contributes greatly to the built environment. We are a collaborative group that supports and encourages staff development and values the individual contributions of each employee.
Candidates must be a US citizen or hold a US work visa, and candidates must be able to start work immediately. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, detailed resume, references, and work samples to [email protected] (Include “ARG San Francisco Employment” in the email subject line). Please include salary requirements and availability.
ARG is a Women-Owned Business and an Equal Opportunity Employer.