Los Angeles, CA
Architectural Resources Group (ARG) is an award winning, nationally recognized architectural firm specializing in adaptive reuse, new construction in historically sensitive settings, historic preservation, planning, and conservation of culturally and historically significant buildings and sites. ARG works on a wide range of projects including commercial, residential, hospitality, cultural, educational and civic design. ARG has offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Portland, Oregon. Further information is available at www.arg-la.com.
ARG is seeking a talented, well-rounded Intermediate Architect for a key position in our Downtown Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate has a commitment to design excellence and an interest in working on all phases of architectural projects.
The ideal candidate is a Licensed Architect who meets the following criteria:
- Possesses 8-10 years of experience in architectural practice;
- Has experience producing documents for all phases of design and in construction administration;
- Detail oriented with strong design and technical skills;
- Self-motivated and able to foster a positive and effective team environment;
- Has excellent communication skills and experience with direct client coordination;
- Has a working knowledge of building codes;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, SketchUp and MS Office (Word, Excel, Project); proficiency in Revit is a plus; and
- Is a creative problem solver who enjoys working on a diverse range of exciting projects in a collaborative environment.
ARG’s practice is centered on the belief that the reuse of existing buildings plays a key role in creating dynamic, vibrant, sustainable and contemporary places. We are a collaborative studio that supports and encourages staff development and values the individual contributions of each employee.
Candidates must be a US citizen or hold a US work visa, and must be able to start work immediately. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, detailed resume, references, and work samples to email@example.com (Include “ARG Los Angeles Employment” in the email subject line). Please include salary requirements and availability.
Architectural Resources Group (ARG) is a full-service architecture, historic preservation, planning, and conservation firm with offices in Portland, San Francisco and Los Angeles. As a growing practice, we are seeking to expand our staff and are looking for marketing support in our Portland office. This individual should possess demonstrated experience in the A/E/C industry and be interested in expanding their knowledge base and skillset.
ARG has a command of varied practices related to the built environment and the headquarter office in San Francisco has been a pioneer in architecture and preservation planning for 38 years. We believe that the reuse of historic buildings plays a key role in creating vibrant, sustainable and contemporary places and that retaining historic buildings contributes greatly to the built environment. We are a collaborative group that supports and encourages staff development and values the individual contributions of each employee.
In the Portland office, the marketing coordinator will be working alongside two architects, two designers, and one preservation planner. The Marketing Coordinator position will operate under the direction of the Marketing Manager, who is located in our Los Angeles office. A self-starting individual who is able to work independently and rely on their very strong communication skills will do well in this position.
Marketing responsibilities will revolve around:
- Using the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Developing responses to qualification and proposal requests, including soliciting and coordinating information from internal staff, external consultants, and other team members for inclusion in proposal and presentation materials
- Assisting in content development (writing, editing, proofreading) for qualifications, proposals and presentations
- Updating marketing collateral such as firm introduction, project sheets, and resumes
- Developing targeted content for collateral materials and award submissions
- Preparing interview and presentation materials
- Tracking projects, opportunities, and new business leads
- Tracking industry leads for potential new work
- Identifying and tracking deadlines, conferences, events, and other important dates
- Expanding firm’s profile by identifying relevant networking and promotional opportunities
- Communicating regularly with Marketing Manager and Firm Leadership to monitor and advance business development initiatives
- Contributing to social media
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and at least 3 years of experience in marketing or in a position at an A/E/C firm
- Excellent Adobe InDesign skills
- Knowledge of the A/E/C industry in Portland and the Pacific Northwest
- Outstanding writing, editing, proofreading, and grammar skills
- Experience with a CRM database; experience with Cosential a plus
- Detail oriented, with the ability to multitask and maintain accuracy
- Team player with a supportive attitude
- Experience with social media platforms
- Flexibility and an ability to transition tasks with ease
ARG offers a full benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, a 401k plan and paid time off. Please email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Portland Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line. Also, if selected to interview, be prepared to submit three professional references in advance.
ARG is a Women-Owned Business and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We recognize the value of providing opportunities at all different levels and are committed to investing in our future talent. Though internship opportunities vary from year to year, ARG regularly hosts undergraduate- and graduate-level interns enrolled in architecture, architectural history, historic preservation, and conservation programs. If you are interested in an internship with Architectural Resources Group, please contact email@example.com.